Saturday 27 May 2017

Warmth and culture



If we look at Lewis model of Culture we find that the UK is Linear Active whilst Romania is Multi Active. Personally this model doesn't really fit with me I am hardly even close to a Linear Active person. But if I look at some of the aspects of social life in Romania I can see very much the warmth of people, people are more open with their emotions and I have noticed people are more tactile with friends than we in the UK are. I was invited to eat at the house of one of my supervisors sister. It isn't the first time since I have been here that I have been given such warm hospitality. Romania is one of the friendliest places I have visited. I have seen passionate outbursts during my work in the hospitals however, I think you would find this in any emergency unit as the pressure is intense. Just look at this amazing home cooking, ah strangers have rarely fed me so well. I really can't help but love this country from what I have experienced of it.












https://www.crossculture.com/latest-news/the-lewis-model-dimensions-of-behaviour/

No comments:

Post a Comment